Skip to main content

Personal Post: Recap from June!

Hi there! I've enjoyed a few weeks off from blogging/sharing. While I was off, so much has happened, both good and something sad. Let me take you down memory lane for the past few weeks with some pictures. Some are mobile and some are from my camera, so bear with any low quality pictures.
My family came to visit from Pennsylvania. I got to meet my niece and she is adorable!















I had a super busy editing schedule, but work was good. I also got some updated headshots done. Thanks, sister!





We put in a new pool liner, did some yard work, finished painting our house, got in swimming, hugs, cuddles, etc. It was awesome! We had a wonderful 4th of July with family and friends. We got to see some fireworks at Possum Kingdom too!








One of the sad times for me was our little min pin Bruiser was run over by a car. Our family has had our furry little guy for 5 years. So it came as a shock one night that we found him run over. Min pins are known for escaping. And Bruiser has been known to have his escape moments. We honestly thought someone found him and took him. So after the shock and sadness we decided that we wanted to bury him under one of our trees.






I know a lot of people discourage disconnecting from social media and blogging and say we should be posting on a daily and weekly basis, but I think it is good to not do the norm all the time. To not define yourself by what other people say you should do in your business and personal life. So, for me, I want to break free from the norm. Be honest. Be real. Genuine. Share when I feel passionate about something and not stress myself out over deadlines for blogging and posting. I love it and I love sharing, but I love simplicity and loving my family first. Sometimes in life we need a little disconnect and break! That's what I did and I'm feeling much more refreshed! Have a wonderful weekend! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Guy is 9 & End of Summer Update!

 I meant to take pictures of my nine year old guy in May y'all! But it happened in July and I'm posting in August. 😊 Life has been a little crazy with busy season, summer, and moving. I edited on average about 30-40 weddings a month and this fall is about to get busier than that! I'm so thankful for my family of photographers. Busy season starts up in just a few weeks. Being a private photo editor means I'm busy when it's busy season for other photographers. But I totally enjoy editing for my photographers. I love to learn and see their styles, methods of shooting, lenses they use, and everything they pour into their business first-hand. It's a sneak peek at the best of the best, and I feel like I'm getting just as much value out of editing as they do! We have enjoyed our summer full of go carts, swimming, playing with friends and family, and enjoying the hot and cold weather to the fullest! Here's a few of a July day this past month. My guy is 9. H...

Well Hello Again, Monday!

HELLO MONDAY. I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning! Here's a cute pic of my boys and one of my favorite flowers besides tulips- bluebonnets!!! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I started using the Fitbit 3 this weekend to set alarms, track my activity, water intake, & get moving a lot more than just my workouts. Sitting in front of a computer daily: editing, creating content, and all.the.things of behind the scenes during your work day really adds up. Working from home can sometimes be HARDER for me to make time for myself. Because I am my own boss, and have a list of things to do, it seems to grow like the infamous "honey do" list and I try to wear all the hats. 😂😁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This weekend I took time to finish up a mini video tutorial. I also went for a much needed massage and I'm fired up for the week, ready to take this work week in stride! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What's on the agenda for you today or this week? Need some motivation or encouragem...

The Benefits of a Workflow

When you finish editing and delivering your own wedding you shot #likeaboss under 3 days. 🤞😁 Sure, to any nay sayers, this was a shorter wedding. Longer weddings take an extra day or so to make time to work on the rest of the edits in between family, life and everything else that comes with running your own business. We wear multiple hats! But what if I told you, you could outsource your editing? I follow the same process as I teach my photographers who I edit for to do: Culling, separating all the photos from the day into categories, anchor edits, picking your sneak peeks and stomping them to share online Facebook, editing the rest of the catalog, saving the catalog, saving the full res images, and then uploading for the client online to deliver. Next is Instagram and blogging for me and their flash drive sent out tomorrow. It took around 8+ hours total from culling to delivering. How?! When you have a workflow in place and you edit multiple weddings in a week, y'all, you ...